Man, oh man! My first blog post! I have been toying with the idea of a blog for a long time now. Almost since I started my business. Aside from everything the goes along with a business it becomes a little intimidating to put so much on your plate right away, so the blog had to wait until now. Well maybe, lets see how this goes and if I can figure it out, websites and blogs are a foreign language to me. I was going to jump right into a session but I figured my first blog post should be about me, not that I am a narcissist, but because us photographers are often hidden behind the camera and we rarely get an opportunity to introduce ourselves. So here are some of my likes and dislikes and a few random facts.
- Kirra Mae and Lahi Boone- my babies made of fur
- Birkenstocks and Chuck Taylors
- Gangster Rap but, to be fair, I listen to most genres of music
- GIF conversations
- Pessimistic people
- When you step on poop
- Chocolate that doesn't taste good
- I have a Bachelors in History and an Associates in Arts but I started school wanting to be a heart surgeon. When I started dating my husband, I realized that was not the lifestyle I wanted- I would rather have more time to spend with him then always being at work.
- I grew up in New Mexico but call North Carolina home. Before moving to North Carolina I had 64 kids in my whole school.
- If I love a book, I will not put it down until it is finished- even sacrificing my sleep to finish it.
- I am a perfectionist when it comes to my art and I can sometimes be OCD- I like to think of it as organized!
I bet you thought I was going to put a lot of photography related stuff in there. Well it’s a given that I am in love and obsessed with photography and my craft. There will be plenty blog posts about photography and my journey in photography but until then let me know what you think!